Underfloor heating is a kind of heating system or technology that was developed to achieve internal climate regulation for thermal satisfaction and comfort using other known technologies that include conduction, convection, and radiation. Underfloor heating technology is one of those technologies with a very long history that dates back into the Neoglacial period as well as the Neolithic period. Underfloor heating is the most ancient form of central heating. Hypocaust is an old form of underfloor heating that was used by the Romans, used to heat buildings and baths.
This heating technology, contrary to what the name might suggest at first glance is not too expensive to install or have. It is one of the most affordable technologies of all times. It proves to be the cheapest method of regulating your heating system.How does it work?
- The underfloor heating system should be considered a technology and system that can either pump warm water via pipes under the surface or floor or a technology and system that works with electric coils fitted under the floor. It can also be referred to as the wet system where warm water is pumped or a dry system where electric coils are involved.
- With these two choices of how it basically works, the underfloor heating technology is majorly based on the simple principle that heat rises. Therefore, warmth from the underfloor is transferred or radiated into the entire room.
Does this system save energy?
- Will this system of hot water under floor heating save energy? This is largely dependent on how well the building is insulated, the kind of needs your particular system is designed to meet and finally the effectiveness and efficiency of the boiler involved.
- The higher the occupancy in the particular building involved, the more the probability of experiencing gains from this system, simply because it is always most effective during continually occupancy or tenancy, the larger the heating requirements the capitals expenses of an underfloor heating fitting end up relatively small.
Is the underfloor heating system expensive?
What buildings are suitable for hot water underfloor heating?
- Out of customer reviews and even the manufacturers, electric dry heating system costs are less to install but becomes more expensive to run. It requires two underfloor heaters with a set of pipes plus an additional thick levelled layer of cement applied on the surface.On the other side, the wet underfloor heating system is cheaper when it is installed when the building is still being constructed or maybe during renovations.
- The wet underfloor heating technology is greatly suited for well-insulated buildings. The underfloor systems work at a lower temperature than most others. Due to this, these systems are suitable for heating from heat pumps. This system works most effectively when it is kept on continuously and not recommended for intermittent heating.
Some Other Product of Kailash Tubes:
- Uponor has a great vision of making sure the human life around the world is enriched. This has seen Uponor offer better indoor climate with this kind of systems and technology. This technology is one of its kind that will benefit and be of great value and importance to every individual, corporate or family that has discovered it. This is a technology worth an investment. For more information, do get in touch with us!
- Automatic Garden Watering Systems
- Air Admittance Valve
- Grease Trap
- Landscape Irrigation System
- Pex Pipe
- Radiant Cooling Systems
- Radiant Floor Heating
- Radiant Heating System
- Underfloor Heating
- Water Hammer Arrestor