What’s the purpose of having a grease trap A grease trap, also popularly known as grease interceptor as the name suggests, is a device used in plumbing systems that prevent grease from getting washed away along with the water. Before the water reaches the waste system of the house, these devices trap the grease inside their system to aid the water flow freely in the sewers.
Why Grease Separation is Important?
- Grease is a sticky and oily substance that gets accumulated in waters. It is generally formed as a result of fats and oils occurring in food waste. Grease is also used commercially and industrially as a lubricant for various purposes. A huge reason as to why grease traps are important is because the molecular properties of water and grease do not match. As they are unable to mix with each other, the grease starts clumping together which is problematic. For example, when the water starts washing down a sink, the grease clumping together could start causing blockages in the outlets as the consistency is quite thick. This could result in water overflowing which causes serious damages, and could result in unnecessary expenses. Another huge issue with grease entering main sewers is the fact that it could interfere with water treatment facilities and prevent cleaning of waters.
How Does a Grease Trap Help?
- A basic grease trap is essentially a large vault like structure that is installed underground. Ashirvad Pipes have developed high quality grease traps that are injection moulded in engineered thermoplastics. When the greasy water flows into the device, the grease stays afloat on the top while the solid waste particles sink to the bottom. Consequently, the separated water is then poured into a septic tank which further flows into the sewers. The grease traps built by Ashirvad Pipes function on hyrdro-mechanical principles and are extremely sturdy, compact and lightweight. The material used in the manufacturing of these grease traps reduces risk of corrosion by about 60%. As compared to the traditional metal ones available in the market, Ashirvad’s grease traps have extremely high efficiency rates and a simplistic, patented design. Grease traps are vital as they start treating waste water right from its inception, which ultimately contributes to the preservation of waters and the environment.
Installation of a Grease Trap:
- A unique characteristic about the grease traps by Ashirvad Pipes is that they are light. This helps in comfortable installation of these systems. They can be mounted in-floor, on floor or semi-recessed due to its flexible design. Mechanical joint couplings can be used to connect other systems necessary for effective disposal of waste water. Once a grease trap is installed, they can withstand continuous discharge up to 104o C. The size of these grease traps is sufficient, not too small, as undersized devices may not be able to treat waters effectively.
Maintenance of a Grease Trap:
- Grease Traps must be effectively maintained by cleaning. One must make sure that there is adequate space above the grease trap to open the lid and get it pumped out. Pumping out these grease traps is a vital process to clean inner surfaces and to scrape out the interiors. Get in touch with us to know more about grease traps from Ashirvad pipes.
Some Other Product of Kailash Tubes:
- Automatic Garden Watering Systems
- Air Admittance Valve
- Grease Trap
- Landscape Irrigation System
- Pex Pipe
- Radiant Cooling Systems
- Radiant Floor Heating
- Radiant Heating System
- Underfloor Heating
- Water Hammer Arrestor